Sunday 14 July 2013

How to dress like Ariana Grande

Hey!


SO guys, I can't believe I didn't post since the last day of school. It's been a bit hectic, because I have been trying to get a few things done at home and trying to get a good camera. But I feel terrible, and I wouldn't blame you guys if you yelled at me electronically. But I have done a lot of drafts.




Anyways, as you can tell by the title,I am a HUGE Ariana fan. I mean, she's just so awesome. And these days I have been trying to get some outfit inspiration, and she is great for the summer. I thought you guys might want to know about her generally, because she has awesome hair, for one, and great style. I mean,  a lot of people think she likes attention, but she is really down to earth. 



 If your wondering where I got the photos, I got them from here .






Let me first say how I got to know Ariana Grande. Not personally, but you know, in my head and on my T.V. I discovered her how most people did: from Victorious. Something about my sister and me, we like to "call" people. That means that you are technically that person on whatever show that is. We did it when we were young, and sometimes we "call" peoples outfits, and I called Cat Valentine. Connection, much?


But I saw her on Victorious, which was really cool. The show is hilarious, by the way. It is over, but still. Cat is so adorably stupid, and I loved watching the whole Cat and Robbie thing. Sometimes I wished they dated in real life, but then I remember Jai from the Janoskians, and I feel bad.

plusss album release date riiightAnd then the show finished, and she came out with the way, which was AWESOME and then all of a sudden people are mashing it up with Heart Attack and then suddenly Sam and Cat came out. So you can tell how much her career is really taking off. Also, tomorrow she is announcing the name of her new single and her tour, so that's why in honor my background will be Ariana until tomorrow night, or even the next day.

 So I wanted to do this because, as I said before, it is great for summer and her style is very easy to do. So a couple of stores you may want to go to, if they are in your area, are Aredene, Sirens and if you want to buy her exact clothes, i'd suggest Chanel and Top Shop. Top Shop is actually really expensive for those who really don't need designer clothes of a non-fancy occasion. And Chanel, well, I think I would buy from Chanel, but I hate not buying things from the actual store, and I don't have a Chanel where I live.

SO the thing to remember is that Ariana goes for fashionable and comfortable. So you don't want to get all dramatic with the jewelry and the makeup. And you want to make sure you have a little dash of colour in almost every outfit. So the first Ariana outfit has been based on this:

So as you can tell, great for summer. I'm not quite sure that it was summer, cause in California, it's supposed to be summer,like, all the time.  I don't know, I'm from Canada. Actually, there are some places like Australia that are winter when it's supposed to be summer. And then it doesn't even feel like summer.

So for this, you can see that she either shows cleavage or legs. It's never cleavage and legs. So the shorts are high waisted. And the top is a simple red long sleeve that matches her awesomely dyed hair. So it's bright, works well with hair, and she is wearing black flats, which you can't really see, and black eyeliner and mascara to match.

The makeup is very minimal. Since it's sunny, she isn't wearing any bronzer; keep in mind she doesn't uses a lot of direct face products. Maybe some natural looking blush if you need it,and some concealer under your eyes. It helps brighten your under eye circles. But you can go crazy on the eyes. Ariana  loves to draw attention to her eyes, so feel free to use the whole thing. Mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow are perfectly fine, as long as you don't cake it on. Instead, use some sparkly eyeshadow. But make sure you curl your eyelashes before putting the mascara on.

Outfit Number two:

Another thing you may notice about Ariana is that she wears a lot of floral prints. Stuff that has a little flower or bow somewhere is perfect. She accessorized with a chunky leather belt, which accentuates her slim hips . And as you can see once again, since she is showing some legs, she doesn't show that much cleavage. Something to remember is to try to accessorize. Not too much jewelry,but some bracelets or maybe earrings.

You may notice that she does seem to wear heels. This is only advisable if your older than 15 or you are extremely short. That being said, I am short, but I don't wear heels to school or anything. They can be super hard to walk in. My feet were cramping like crazy during grad. And they weren't stilettos either. Ariana is smaller than the average height, considering she is twenty, but I still think heels or wedges can help if your trying to look like her.

A great thing about Ariana's style is that it is very practical. Her purse is very functional as well as stylish, because there is plenty of space to put anything that you need.

Her hair is something that you don't have to manipulate. I guess if you really want to be more like Ariana, you can dye your hair brown, because these days she went back to her original colour. It surprises me when people don't know Ariana is a brunette. But you can put temporary dye in, considering most last for a year. I would personally advise you put henna on, which is a leaf mixture which can turn your hair any colour, really. I am using some red to get some red bottoms for my hair. But don't wear the dye, or else people may call you a poser.

And the final thing to remember about Ariana's style is that she has the cutest phone case EVER. I mean, the case defines your style. Seriously. Your phone or iPod case can say a lot about your interests and personality, and Ariana's says what we already know; that she is willing to have fun and be cutesy about it.

So guys, I hope this helped you on your way to try to look like Ariana Grande. Thanks, and I will blog soon.

Thanks, and See ya!

~Tami



No comments:

Post a Comment