Friday 19 July 2013

June Favourites

Hey!


So guys, today as you can tell, I am doing my June Favourites, June was a really great month because  it was the last month of school, you had way less homework, and everything seemed to be on sale. Seriously. And also, I forgot to do them, so I might as well now. I wil have a new post up on Sunday at the latest.




Starting with my makeup favourites:



First, as you know, I don't really like to wear makeup, because you know, you only need it for special occasions. But I really like the Clinique Chubby Stick. I am a lip gloss person, probably because you can carry it around, and put it on at anytime, and it can make you look fancier and it's extremely convenient. It's one thing I love experimenting with, But the chubby stick is awesome for several reasons. First, it just slides on your lips. I know some lip glosses are really thick and gooey and are just like Vaseline. I hate Vaseline for several reasons. First because it's so gooey. I know when you put it on, it makes your lips look pouter and nicer and shiny, but I can't walk around with something like that on my lips.



But yeah, in love with the chubby stick. I actually finished mine, because it was a gift from my friend, but i'm going to buy some more.



Next makeup fav is Maybelline Rocket Mascara. I usually don't wear mascara, because my eyelashes are way too dark. Honestly, sometimes I buy a brown mascara because they are too thick and dark, and when I put one layer on, it looks like i'm wearing 5. But the rocket mascara is rally great because it's like an eyelash curler in a mascara. The brush is black, but I heard some come in pink, which is really cool.

But I just put it on when I want to feel fabulous, and it comes out great.


Last beauty favourite is Maybelline BB Cream. I have darker skin than other people, well, it's not super dark. I'm darker than a Caucasian, obviously, but i'm lighter than most dark people. So finding foundation isn't that hard, but the BB Cream was seriously awesome. Sometimes I just go to Shoppers Drug Mart, which is the best place to get makeup if you're not wiling to spend a lot. It seems like there is always a sale there. So they had this giant rack of of Maybelline stuff, and as soon as I saw this, I was like, oh, might as well try it, right? It blends really well, and it can hide your blemishes too. It's extremely annoying to buy a concealer and  BB Cream, so this has you covered.




Now for my Take Care favourites:

So this is something new, I basically am going to tell you the stuff I've started using to use to rejuvenate my skin, or hair, or whatever.

  Something I heard a lot these days was using body butters, and I was like,what? But it turns out a body butter is exactly what my DAD has been using all these years, if you can believe it. It's like everyday I learn  something new about my parents. Actually, my mom tells me a lot of beauty stuff, but I ignore it and then, I see some beauty guru talk about it, or it's on a website and it blows my mind.Then I have to go apologize to my mom and say she was right.


But anyways, I have recently started using body butters, before I go to sleep, and after I take a shower because you can lose a lot of moisture right after the shower, so I try to avoid that. And it works better than most lotions because it locks in the moisture, and it smells awesome.Like, really good. I like the Mango Body Butter from The Body Shop, but Palmer Cocoa Butter is pretty good too.You can put it on at night, before you sleep, and in the morning your legs are still moisturized and shiny. I really like the 




Malibu Heat Fine Fragrance Mist - Signature Collection - Bath & Body WorksAnother Take Care favourite is the Bath and Body Works Malibu Heat.That smells incredible. It has that fun, floral smell, and some summer feel to it. My cousin had this in her bathroom, which was the first place I saw it, and I literally sprayed it like crazy. Then I thought about all the poor people who may have allergies to it, and I felt guilty, but hey? I forgot. It's only around 14.00 at Bath and Body works. Which is really cheap to me, cause I spend a lot on fragrances, and not wear them alot.


My Fashion Favourites:


For the whole summer, I love washing my hair and brushing it in the shower, because it gets these awesome curls, which i really like. During school, I hate having my waves, which are weird because they are wavy and not to curly, and smooth without being straight. It can't make it's mind. I recently decided to grow it long again, after the whole hair disaster in grade 6. You may be wondering what this has to do with fashion, but it does, because I can wear so many more outfits. I am the type of person who makes sure their hair matches their outfit.


For a clothing favourite, I really, really REALLY love the shirts from Ardene. Like, they had this super sale, and I think Sophia restrained me a couple of time. I 'm not quite sure because it's all quite blurry. But they have these tops that are to die for. I couldn't find a picture, but they tie in the front and are just super cute.


Another clothing favourite is from Brandy Melville. i think they are opening one in Toronto, but I actually just decided to not be cheap and buy a prepaid visa, because it seemed like the right thing to do because I saw the legitimate cutest top. It called the Aylin top, and it's long sleeved and black with a low back. It 's kind of a crop top, so I wear skinny jeans, or a skirt under it.Or even a tank top, instead of high waisted stuff.







My non-related to beauty favourites are:



Starbucks Make Your Own Frappuccino: Okay, so you may or may not know this, but I am a green tea addict.And whenever I went there, I just ordered the regular green tea frappuccino. But then, I discovered you could make your own, so I went crazy. The frappuccinos may be expensive, but they are so worth it. And being the fat  minded person I am, I buy the largest size available. Yet again, my photo thing is not working, so you guys can check it out later!



My other non related to beauty favorite is the Mark Of Athena by Rick Roidran. OMG guys, I started to re-read this because of the whole Hazel Levesque Tami Green thing, and now I have gotten re obsessed. I read it when it first came out, because it was a gift, but now it's sort of bad. I have to make myself stop reading, or my mom just yells at me to do something. The House of Hades is coming out in October, and I don't think I can handle waiting that long. I seriously am just waiting in agony for that book. I am actually writing a book, but i'll tell you guys about it later. And the book is so good. There are so many twists and turns and personally, if you read the book, i don't know about you, but I am waiting in vain for the moment that Leo and Hazel get together. Sophia's Team Frank, but I think Leo is a great guy. I  just realized i am talking about them like they are real people, like outside of the book. Well, it's realistic enough, so, it's all right.



So guys, those were my June favourites, sorry they were SO SO LATE but I hoped you like them.If you have any comments, feel free to email tamigreenlol14@gmail.com.


See ya!


~Tami







No comments:

Post a Comment